Friday, February 12, 2016

Windows, a frustration

So I decided to jump on the Linux bandwagon after letting my laptop windows breathe for 2 years. As the windows OS keeps getting senile, I started looking for options, one of which was formatting, which I later took it off the table as I suspected I would eventually end up with the same frustrations as before within a short duration of the whole exercise.
So here I am, giving a shot at Linux Mint, Cinnamon.
It is so sad to see Microsoft plunge to such depths. Not branding myself a hippie here, but I so wanted an alternative to the buggy android and an over-hyped iPhone to succeed.
Alas, with the Windows 10 preview build for phones, I completely gave up all hope of MS ever prioritizing their OS over their services. Under Nadella, there has been a significant move away from hardware and OS and more on the services they offer.
The end result is a situation where Office suite works better on iPhones than it does on Windows Phones.
For now, I plan to move away from windows as a OS, still using my OneDrive. In case MS opts to resuscitate its dying OS, I might revist it later.
Goodbye Windows 10 and windows phone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment