Friday, May 21, 2010

fancy of a fuss

More the english,more lofty is the vernacular fancy.theres an air of exceptional narcism around every english tongue..be the native or the naive.The other day i was on my way to trichy..in a huddled bus.for the enlivening spirit i put in foot boarding and the stiff necked conductor..id the "not the so refreshing" rustic journey past the dry and the dreary milieu.


If it were not for the ravishing feminine mystique of the sastra girl in the front seat..id ive jumped off the moving bus! All along the journey, i found myself amidst a pack of the great unwashed..a multitude of masses..rustic and sweating..! Flashes crossed my mind every other second.."what am i in this no mans land?" For another second, i was in the mirage of swaying in the ms.anon's arms..and then,knock knock..the not so polite co passenger shook me off his shoulder.I put myself in the shoes of king khan in swades..and was lingering with the gleaming thought..seeking solace in supposedly relative misery..! When the badshah had to do it..y cant i ?!

All these thoughts broke bread on my nous. To my relief or my angst,i felt my pants vibrating. for a second..i was trying to discern what it was...for,it took me time to come back to life at normalcy! Id a friend on the line and i refused to put down,to cut the boredom. The female in jeans no longer intrigued me..all i could do was have a gaze at her cropped hair! All the while i was the only english speaking tongue in the bus. All around i could hear "sapta" "romba" and a few other not so conspicuous words. I already had a few not blabbering heads staring at me. Was i outa place? Was i stamping anyones leg? Or was even public usage of english banned in tamil nadu?!


The only reason i felt,could corroborate my monologue, was that i was the english speaking guy there..the non local. Somewhere in the deep..i was feeling a bit better now..i felt like a bred steed..a tad majestic to others! The thing which bothered me later was why i was trying to re enact swades in a bus?! Why was i trying to plagiarise gawarikar's script?! Why was i eluted with a sense of disgust at others and refused to climb down the high horse?! Does claustrophobia stalk me? Was i the only one civilly unhinged?! Was i the only in the horde to despise the clamouring?! Or was it the englishness in me that spoke for me all the while?

No comments:

Post a Comment