Saturday, October 24, 2009

Swear to GOD !! ..

This is it !! .... Wanna know a single reason why Id go ahead n learn to play guitar????
"Hey .. Mr. Tambourine man ... play a song for me ...
I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to."

I swore to God("uncliched").... that Id not die before I learn to play this song! .... (after this moved me to tears NOW)...

The first time when I heard this on a night show on Radio (long before I had "listened"-I mean not just some fleeting auditory sensation, to Link in Park), it had left me speechless... simply because I had been deeply drawn into my dreamworld by the time this masterpiece had culminated....

This time ... I read the lyrics and crooned this "sanctified" piece and ........
It happened that.... that I could no more read the lyrics ..... for one, I knew most of them by now ... and other, 'cos my eyes were moist .....
Hats off Bob Dylan..... I know he must've composed a zillion other songs far better than this as u might feel ....
But this is "................" (blame it on my vocab) .... cant u give a better insight.. than ...

"Mr. Tambourine Man" ..... go.... don waste time .....get lost in this .... !!

P.S. ........

"Far from the ones you love,
No hand to left or right,
And emptiness above -

Know that you aren’t alone.
The whole world shares your tears,
Some for two nights or one,
And some for all their years." ...... -Vikram Seth, (picked up from Amitabh Iyer
) !...

.... Was a rather heady mix !!

PPS - Betrayed Nothing Else Matters !! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment