Friday, April 30, 2010

4/29/1988 - 2010

Well to start off.. the title may just be confounding as this usually related to an obituary column. but thank God, it isn't!
This was to be the lifespan of the old me who was eternally awaiting that mystic transmogrification to land upon, which apparently isn't around the corner yet and hence in all probability the RHS should continue to ..2011..12..13 and so on ..
School
Birthdays were fun till say early teens and with completion of schooling, the fun completely died out! Luckily as I was a good enough student while at school, at around 4/29 every year, teachers would distribute report cards and I at the same time chocolates!! Thankfully, it served both purposes..majorly as part of my birthday celebrations and secondly as a reminder that I did well that year! ;) .. Well the topper was invariably this gal!
With quite celebrations at home.. relatives esp my fav aunt dropping in huge gifts.. the end was always sweet! and one to look forward to...

That was it about birthdays!! ... That paradoxically was the obituary of my birthday ;)

Plus 2
Totally shunned celebrations!!!
Reason??- could no more take those, so called invaluable career guidance classes from every Tom Dick and Harry ...
Well... dont get me wrong.it has nothing to do with my penile egos!..I am generally open to any advice!.. Well its a different story whether I follow it diligently or not. Now imagine this sorta person totally lambast those well wishers.. Hell yes u got it ! I was totally saturated to the brim! The weekend tests and the accompanying low scores ...the tailgated marks sheets.piling syllabus... plus the intro to PC games, thanks to Rahu(l)...punny u c.. (excuse me for not counting Road Rash as an intro to gaming!) was already too much to handle :)
Grad
Welcome Home Sanitarium .. yes this was an asylum...a jungle ! you'd totally get lost in the wilderness..yet it had that magnetic quality that was irresistible ..
Bashing bumps, rapid fires .. deodorant fires.. followed by water bath.. given a chance mud bath ...all in action at one place... yep.. you are at a D day.. err.. a B day party!
College days dubbed Happy days would make this post hugely protracted and hence censored out!
The passing mention here about this is because ..4/29 is generally the time when senti-ness is in the air ....the last lab... the last grub... the last write up ..transgress ephemera and are etched onto our memories for a life time ... (Thanks to all the status updates from juniors!..)
Work
If people really longed to take a day off from work, it has been ingrained in our memes that it should be a death of a grandparent...But to my surprise a birthday literally gave you the same privileges..and a few extra points, like you could watch your colleagues toil while you babbled on phone all day long, simply because it wasn't counterfeit after all!
A gentle cake cutting session.... and way lesser work made my day!!...

On Closing remarks.. I'd like to thank my now dead cell phone!.. Well w/o you, I would not have known how many people really waited to call me up!! ... Routine wishes are the ones that you would get every year! On account of me not being reachable .. this time around, wishes had been raised to the echelons of special ones simply 'cos they carried loads of profanities and blasphemes that simply spiced up the whole birthday!
All those school frns.... dear college buddies... bros sis...cousins.. own loan..... watevr ....
Thanks a Ton!!

Muhahaha....Birthday is again a thing to look forward to !! ... :-)) .... Thanks again !!! Luv ya Loads!! ...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment