Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Adrift ...


1100 Endgame
Ripped off from my fav blog . Totally loved it cos share almost the same feelings. Everytime mom calls up and reminds me that I have not called up home in the current week, I go through the pain of deliberating on how did I ever manage to let the whole week pass by and not even once call up home ?
How did I manage to not call up my friend who reminds me everytime that first sip of alcohol enters my bloodstream?
What everyday chores or divine operations complete my day ?? ...
Where am I heading to ?? into an unsocial cocoon?? ..

"A house is never big enough. Gourmet food is not available in enough palettes. Vacations always seem like one hurried compressed project plan. Conversations are so out of fashion. “Transactions” is what define living. “Friends and relatives” invariably refers to your office colleagues. The next car is always planned and constantly being budgeted for. The race is to make your kid “successful”, rather than a better human being. Your mother is never more than a phone call away, but you don’t ever have time to talk more than 60 seconds. Your sister is “another clutch” living in another town. We all have mobiles, facebook, email – yet we know so little about our siblings day to day lives. Maids, washing machines, cooks – all create “time” (as in free up your time) – but these never seem to trickle down to the call you wanted to place to your love. Crying is passé. Smiling and laughing are further passé. Holding hands is now being “soft in the head”. Hugging is being sentimental. To want to be with someone is considered “mushy” and old worldish.
Does this tale sound eerily familiar?"

2 comments:

  1. I feel like some kind of hero. Fall from grace is probably round the corner.
    you were going to call me, you never did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you shud ve seen on my google buzz! .. like a million were responding ... with "ditto for me" kind of remarks !! .. :-)
    this weekend .. call coming ur way from 9987212242! ...
    Hope u spare 10 mins! ;)

    ReplyDelete